Every corner has two sides and so does online dating. Here is a list of its advantages and disadvantages.
Online dating is the name of the game in today’s era and world. Young people today are open to dating and the fact that they are web savvy and spend maximum time online, online dating just got better! As every coin has two sides, online dating also has its own advantages and disadvantages. It all depends on how a person uses this medium to meet people, friends and soul mate! There are many real life stories about finding real matches online and at the same time people have sad dating stories and horrible experiences. Like everything, a lot depends on fate and luck, but there’s nothing wrong with trying!
Some of the advantages of dating someone over the Internet are:
• You definitely have more options online than in the real world. How many people can you really meet in your real life? Compare it to people you can chat and interact with over the web. This number is huge and therefore the chances of landing your perfect date or better yet a soul mate are high here.
• In a country like India, where dating is still a taboo, dating online is a risk and taboo free alternative.
• Many times when you meet a person for the first time in real life, you feel awkward and don’t know what to talk about! But if you have put the person online and chatted with him/her, then the real life first real date becomes smooth and interesting.
• Many of us deal with social awkwardness and feel shy about opening up in real life. The internet gives you the platform to be yourself and be honest
But be careful: online dating has other faces too:
• There are tons of profiles online, but there is no real way to verify their authenticity.
• It is easier to deceive the other person and lie about oneself to appear “cool”.
All said and done, physical appearance plays a good role in deciding your soul mate. Through the Internet, images and videos can be bought and faked.
• In the worst cases, social bullying and abuse can occur.
Whether it’s an arranged marriage, a college sweetheart, an affair with a colleague, or an online date, matters of the heart are geared toward destiny. All you can do is try to be honest in relationships!